Thursday 1 November 2007

Awesome threesome !!!!

Well long time people close to have been insisting to start a blog and here I am, with my first one. We had a nice trip last weekend (10/27 - 10/28), which I am planning to write about. Well I had my birthday also so it was great fun. So here I roll...............

Well the reason for the short but nice break was the dreaded monotony that was creeping into our lives. (well, "our" includes mine, hubby dear and my SIL's hubby. I call him "Bro") .

For quite some time we all had hectic schedules . So in chorus we echoed "Hamara break tho banta hai na............."

All three of us drove down to a place 210 kms from Hyderabad called Srisailam. Well my in-laws and my SIL are in Mumbai for some time. They are there for a wedding.

Srisailam is a hill-station. The main attractions there are a Siva temple, a hydro-electric Dam and a wild -life sanctuary. We started on Saturday afternoon, reached Srisailam in the evening. The APTDC hotel "Punnami" surprisingly didn't have rooms. The care-taker there looked really uninterested in business and was happily watching TV. She referred to another place which was a bit expensive. Since we had no other choice we checked-in there and then crashed. Well must admit the place was decent enough. The room had a balcony which oversees the garden. Kewl na?


Well at 12:00 my hubby and bro woke me up and gave me a cake made of bread and kesari . Poor things they couldn't find a cake there. :-( Then as per our family traditions I was drenched in Mirinda, Pepsi and coke. Well usually it is the beer that the birthday babies are drenched in. But considering that we were driving, Srisailam is a holy place and I was the birthday girl that was avoided. :-)

Then we hit our sacks and woke up pretty early as we wanted to finish off the temple when there is not much crowd.The temple is very beautiful and I should say one of the neatly maintained places. The Siva lingam there is swayambhu.This is one of the place where the Jyothirlingam and Shakthi sthalam are together. By the grace of the almighty we had an amazing darshan of the Lord and Devi.

After our breakfast we went to the dam. It was massive and huge. We were also generally yapping about how the hydro-electric power generated there is stored, the huge electro-magnetic field created and so on.Well I was reminded about our IV (Industrial visit) days !


Then went on to the sanctuary in the Nallamalai forest. Well that's when it hit me that our wild-life is slowly getting eroded. In our day - to day life we are soo busy that we hardly even think about it. I felt really sorry for our generation. I am not sure if our future generation will get to see even what we saw. Well it was a hard hitting reality . Will dedicate another post to this.

We joined the "Tiger Patrol" group. Well sounds exciting na, but believe me you could buy a ticket and get a ride in that jeep. The sanctuary was developed in order to conserve tigers, but hard luck we did not spot any tiger. To prove that indeed they had tigers in the sanctuary they showed us some paw-marks.

We got to watch peacocks, deer and whole lot of variety of birds. Then we went on to the highest spot on the hills which had a breathtaking view.

We then drove back and reached Hyderabad in the evening . The three of us went out for dinner to our favourite restaurant IndiJoe. Quite a nice place. Both me and my hubby dear have become ardent fans of Italian, Mexican and Lebanese food. It was too good. Even my bro enjoyed it, so much that he has already planned his next visit there. I can dedicate another post to our fav restaurant in Hyderabad "IndiJoe".



Too much for the first post I believe. Until next time.........



Cheers,
Lakshmi

8 comments:

Divya said...

Hey Lakshmi...how are you ? So you got to celebrate your birthday at Srisailam ! Belated Yappy B'day :) Unfortunate that our tiger didn't get a chance to see an actual tiger!

Divya said...

By the way you could upload some pics

Lakshmi Santosh said...

Every trip has some or the other glitches. In this trip the major glitch was that we forgot our camera. So sad na :-(

Raamnanda said...

very sad that you forgot the camera. i thought of asking you to upload some pics :)

Lakshmi Santosh said...

Ya Raameshwar I know.
Hey, BTW thanks ! Looks like you have read all my posts. Keep visiting my blog man.

Unknown said...

Hey... its great to hear you enjoyed your Bday with Wildlife ...as same as how you enjoyed in college with us... heheh... just kidding. You are lucky enough to have your family with u on your B'day, unless like me.

ANyway, next time dont ever forget to carry a camera.

Life Rocks.. Bye and Take Care. - RT (R.Thiyagu)

Rathan said...

Cake made of bread and Kesari... wow that sounds interesting...

Well, looks like you had lot of fun...

Adithya said...

Hello Lakshmi, I read OSO review. I understood the film very nicely. As you know I am poor in hindi. If I watch movie now, I can understand very easily. So I will watch it. Next why don't you write a blog for a telugu movie.