Wednesday 12 December 2007

Dum Dum Dum - PART I

I guess nobody is bothered about my posts. But anyways I will explain my prolonged absence. My younger sis got married on November 28th. So I was on a loooooong leave (Oops not so long). Marriages are always a special occasions. Especially if it is your own bro's/sister's marriage.

24-11-07
---------

I reached Chennai on 24th November(Saturday). My parents and my sis were eagerly waiting for me as well as my hubby. Santosh joined us on Sunday as he works on Saturdays. My periamma, periappa and my darling grandmom were already there. The first day I just "accompanied" my sis to the salon and then after we came back she was ready for her mehendi session. Well my SIL introduced me to a very talented , artistic and sweet lady who does a great job with mehendi. She was the same person who had come down for my marriage too. After my sis, I was next in line for the mehendi. My periamma also joined the line. This was her first time that she had put on mehendi (cho chweet). Those days we had only those chappas, the round ones. But they have a beauty of their own. My mom also wanted to join the mehendi brigade but as the ever sacrificing mom she refrained from doing so, as she had to help her daughter the little bride all smeared in mehendi . The mehendi on Chinnu ( that's my sis!) was awesome.

25-11-07

----------

Got up early the next day as hubby dear was supposed to arrive. But as usual the train was pretty late and as he had to carry all my luggage as well, hmmm . But before him my chinnamost mami( I have 3 mamis :-) ) accompanied by her effervescent daughter Kavya arrived. Well what do I tell about my cousin. She is energy personified. She is also the go-getter type, not the kinda kids who fuss. She dances pretty well. Myself and Santosh had made a deal with her that she would dance at the "Nalungu". We then went out to inspect our apartment in Pallavaram which is under construction. So pretty much that was it for that day.

26-11-07
---------

This day was very hectic for us as myself and Santosh had lot of plans. We set out in the morning after a hearty breakfast . Luckily one of Santosh's friend had given him a car (Santro, a/c) , so we had no problems in commuting around. To add to my glee, the car's music system was amazing and he had a collection of latest Tamil songs. Nowadays I am hooked on to the new "Polladhavan" engeyum eppothum remix. So all set, we raided the streets of Usman road and went until Egmore as I wanted to buy some bangles to go with my reception designer saree (too much a theriyudha? it is all in the game).

I must tell you about this store called "Dreams come true". They have everything , except for gold and diamonds , that a girl could ever dream for. This is highly recommended place where you don't mind shelling out some extra bucks for awesome glass/metal bangles, bindis etc. Let me come back to my story. Went around for some time, but couldn't find any bangles that would match my saree. But then I really liked this set of four bangles studded with white stones. It was pretty expensive but Santosh was in a nice mood and asked me to get it (paavam santosh) . These pair of bangles were hugely compilmented by everyone including my Dubai akka. I got 2 pair of bangles also for my little cousin (Kavya). Couple of bindis also found place in my shopping bag. Then we set out to Pondy Bazaar to get Chinnu's Kemp alangaram set, the ones she is supposed to wear during her wedding alongwith the wedding saree which is known as the kurai pudavai.

After all this Santosh dropped me at home and set out to meet his friends. In the meantime I packed all my stuff and ready to go to the mandapam. Santosh came back just in time very tired and he told me that Chennai traffic was pretty bad. Driving through traffic jams really gets on your nerves. I pity people staying in Bangalore. All said and done we reached the mandapam and guess what it was the same mandapam that Santosh and me got married "Shree Hall" in Burkit road.

I got really nostalgic, but since people all were really tired especially Santosh, we settled down and immediately hit the sack as tomorrow was going to be a long day.

(the rest continued in the next post........)


No comments: